Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Something New

I first learned to weave in around seventh or eighth grade. I was part of a small art club of sorts during the summer when my instructor introduced me to weaving. I remember being fascinated and eager to create one on my own. Being only 10 or 11 years old, I did not have nearly as much knowledge of art as I do now and weaving soon became old news and I was on to my next outburst of interest in something different. Five years later during the middle of what seems to be the longest summer ever, I decided to go back, with a greater understanding and a more practiced eye. I have been working on this piece for about a week now, and I am very glad it is finished. I tend to be very impatient when it comes to working on art and everything, really. This weaving tested my patience and exposed me to a new branch of the art world and helped further my knowledge of textiles. I am very certain another weaving will be on it's way in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment